Evernote will automatically run OCR (Optical Character Recognition) on PDFs and images in your account, but for the best results, it helps to customize your recognition language.
See the directions below for a step-by-step explanation of how to change your settings.
- Go to www.evernote.com and log into your account.
- Click the arrow in the top right corner next to your account name, and choose “Settings.”
- Choose “Personal Settings” in the menu on the left side of the page.
- Click the drop-down menu under “Recognition Language” to reveal your language choices, and choose the appropriate one. Mine is set to “日本語+English.”
- Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “Save Changes” button.
Ideally, we would have the option for more languages, but currently we are limited to two. If you work with several languages, you may want to OCR your PDFs yourself using Adobe Acrobat Pro or some other similar software.